مسؤول السلامة والجودة للادوية
Provides a leadership role in formulating policy and instituting models that promote medication safety in all aspects of the medication management process. In conjunction with designated facility leadership, the role is responsible for coordinating all activities related to medication safety provided by the facility. These activities involve reporting, system and process evaluation, formulation of recommendations and initiatives, coordination of intervention strategies, and monitoring of activities related to medication safety.
2 This individual is responsible for identifying key Quality Improvement projects related to medication safety and is accountable for coordinating the implementation of these Quality Improvement projects system-wide. This individual serves as a liaison to facility pharmacy, nursing and the medical staff leadership personnel
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identifies and implements best practices for medications safety that will support the reduction of medication errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse medication outcomes.
2. Assess KKESH current medication safety practices that contributes to medication errors and take proactive steps for preventions.
3. Orients all new employees who join the department and ensures their clear understanding of the policies and procedures which are related to medication safety and Quality Improvement. Participate in Physician and Nursing orientation programs.
4. Participate in Pharmacy Student Orientation and Pharmacy Resident Rotation in the areas of medication safety, quality improvement, JCI international and CBAHI national accreditation bodies and regulatory compliance issues.
5. Manages medication-error reporting, review, investigation to determine root cause, and data entry into database. Analyzes data and determines trends for process improvement, develops the required measures to eliminate the likelihood of occurrence or recurrence of errors.
6. Conducts monthly in services for Pharmacy staff on medication error incident reports and other learning opportunities to enhance medication safety and patient care at KKESH.
7. Oversees the management and use of medication error information. Reviews internal error reports and utilizes information from external reporting programs (e.g. ISMP, Medication Safety Alert and SFDA Alerts).
8. Standardizes related definition, classification, and reporting of medication error in the KKESH
9. Report Pharmacy Key Performance Indicators rand Quality Improvement Projects to Quality Department, Pharmacy Director and Hospital Committees such as Pharmacy and Therapeutic and Patient and Safety Committees. Support Medication Safety Program
10. Formulates educational sessions for nurses, pharmacists, physicians, and allied health professionals based on reports in the literature, responses to corrective action plans, and recommendations from committee activities to promote safe medication practices.
11. Develops and implements the most up-to-date educational programs to improve quality of care and medication safety and regulatory compliance.
12. Facilitates changes needed to meet medication management standards of JCI and CBAHI” accreditation bodies”.
13. Oversees department policies and procedures, ensure revision is carried out as required, assists in developing new policies and conduct appropriate in services for KKESH staff awareness on new or revised policies.
14. Participates in the design and development of competency assessments for evaluating the knowledge and ability of pertinent Healthcare providers to perform tasks related to medication safety.
15. Serves as a working coordinator of issues related to quality improvement, medication safety, Pharmacy Safety and JCI/ CBAHI accreditation surveys and mock surveys; attends discussions, committees, and other pertinent meetings to ensure the department’s overall Quality Improvement plan implementation and compliance is compatible with KKESH wide activities
16. To oversee and ensure department compliance with hospital infection control and fire and safety policy and procedures.
17. To oversee and ensure updated Environment of Care (EOC) manual for all sections of the Pharmacy department.
18. Performs Quality Improvement audits as required.
19. Performs all duties in a professional, effective and confidential manner.
20. Performs other tasks as required and assigned.
1 Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited university (Essential).
2 Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) or related equivalent (Desirable).
3 Master’s Degree in Pharmacy / Quality or administration (Desirable).
4 Current license to practice pharmacy in country of origin, or as per rules and regulations of country of origin to practice pharmacy (Essential).
2 Professional Experience:
1 Pharmacist with minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a capacity of a Pharmacist in health care/hospital setting including unit-dose drug distribution, aseptic pharmaceutical preparation, drug therapy monitoring, Intra Veins (IV) admixtures, narcotic, outpatient pharmacy and other Pharmacy distribution system.
2 Strong leadership ability with superior communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
3 Individual who is detail-oriented.
4 Ability to use independent judgment and communicate effectively.
5 Clear understanding of Quality Improvement Programs and Risk Management Principles regarding Medication Safety (Desirable).
3 Specialized Knowledge:
1 Knowledgeable of conducting investigation, data analysis and root cause analysis. (Essential).
2 Implementation knowledge of JCI and CBAHI standards related to medication management and use, quality improvement and patient safety or equivalent (Essential).
3 Knowledgeable of quality improvement and measurement tools such as Quality Improvement Projects “FOCUS-PDCA Cycle” and Key Performance Indicator (KPI). (Essential).
4 Ability to prepare a reports related to Quality and Medication Safety (Essential).
5 Computer literate and familiar in the use of MS-Office (Essential).
6 Preparing and typing official letters in Arabic and English.
7 Fluency in oral and written English language (Essential).
عدد الشواغرغير محدد
المؤهل العلمي المطلوببكالوريوس ماجستير
العمر المطلوبمن - الى
المستوى المهنيمتوسط الخبرة
نوع التوظيفدوام كامل
سنوات الخبرة5 - الحد الاقصى غير محدد