The purpose of this position is to supervise the shift based station staff on day to day operation to deliver a safe, reliable, world class and customer focused station environment.
- Supervise all the daily activities of station staff in the passenger check in and boarding area, ticket office, waiting area, lost property, car park, baggage loading, vehicle loading and station control room;.
- Shift /duty ‘landlord’ of a station and all persons working in a station are subject to his/her authority;
- Ensuring that the that the station facilities are in a safe and good working order;
- Provide effective communications and information with internal and external parties in an efficient and timely manner;
- Responsible for the efficient and safe evacuation of station premises in the event of fire or other emergency situations;
- Monitor and maintain station operational status and ensure the safety and comfort of passenger movement within the station premise;
- Conducts Competency Management System (CMS) assessments;
- Undertake a comprehensive checking to the following:
- All station equipment and facilities to ensure that they are in good order;
- All staff are smartly presented and fully briefed prior to the start of shift;
- Control and avoid overcrowding in station and platforms and to ensure that passengers are entering/exiting the station in an orderly fashion;
- Deliver essential messages to passenger via audio or visual means in a timely and proactive manner to avoid confusion, frustration and anger;
- Perform shift and emergency duties;
- Carrying out periodic health, safety, quality, environment and operational briefing to the station staff.
- Monitor and control the baggage check in area
- Monitor and control the passenger boarding area
- Monitor and control the car park area
- Responsible for the ticket sales and cash handling in the station;
- Distribute publicity materials and handle lost property;
- Render all possible assistance to customers, in particular those with special needs, to enhance customer service and safety;
- Managing and overseeing cash collection, management and reconciliation in the station when required.
- Ensure all the faults are reported according to the fault reporting procedure in timely manner.
- Prepare incident/accident reports and inform concern authorities;
- Maintaining the Station Logbook with details of all issues and incidents.
- Meet and greet customers and provide a high level of customer service;
- Conducts Performance Review for the Station staff.
- Provide assistance to Emergency Response team if and when require
- Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the Senior Station Supervisor and/or Station Manager.
A higher diploma of post-secondary education in a related discipline;
Preferably 3 years, minimum 2 years of supervisory experience in supervising a team of front line staff delivering customer services in a railway station or equivalent.
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability;
- Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role;
- Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken) and desirable in Arabic.