Job Location Saudi Arabia
Job Title Thin Film Deposition Staff Scientist - ALD
Job Type Non-Academic
Job Summary The KAUST Nanofabrication Core Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory supporting research in all areas of Micro- and Nanofabrication. The Thin Film Deposition Staff Scientist provides specialized support in operating and maintaining equipment used by many KAUST student and professional researchers and external users in the preparation of structures and devices or their component advanced materials. He/She will work with a team of scientists and technical staff to help ensure an uninterrupted, high-standard of experimental research.
Major Responsibilities • In charge of daily operation and maintenance of the ALD, PECVD, RTP and LPCVD (furnace); Optimize the process parameters;
• Provide strong technical support to users for material deposition and sample characterization; Develop new processes and procedures to meet specific user’s research needs;
• Train users in the effective use of the ALD, PECVD, RTP and LPCVD (furnace);
• Oversee equipment availability and utilization, order spare parts and consumables, plan preventive maintenance. Support KAUST colleagues, students, post-docs, faculty, other scientists and staff or external users by coordinating, scheduling and completing regular trainings on assigned instruments, as well as help with special projects and experimental design.
• Maintain proper and complete equipment operations and maintenance records.
Division Core Labs
Technical Skills Ensure User compliance with Badger instrument control software policy.
• Identifies problems and related technical issues, communicate and work with vendors and equipment engineers to solve equipment issues;
• Standardize the procedures for equipment operation;
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes • Work as a backup for some other tools, especially some metrology tools in the lab.
• Help ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations and with Cleanroom standard and procedures.
• Attend professional meetings and present PowerPoint presentations.
Required Education • Ph.D. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Engineering
Required Experience • Demonstrated expertise and more than 5 years of experience in ALD, PECVD, RTP and LPCVD (furnace) equipment and process.
• 5 plus years’ experience with working in the Cleanroom in processing of semiconductor materials and devices;
• Experience in troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
• Full Professional English proficiency. A minimum TOEFL score of 90 on the IBT shall be proved prior to employment;
• Experience in working in an international, multicultural environment.