To carry out all aspects of QA Inspections, iaw approved instructions in relation to support Al Jawf Class Minehunters and shops.
The incumbent is responsible for training the RSNF assigned personnel in all aspects of this post.
This billet is provided to support Al Jawf Class Minehunter ships.
Maintenance of the Al Jawf Class Minehunters and associated support equipment in accordance with the RSNF Al Jawf Class Maintenance Management System.
1. Responsible for all aspects of Quality Assurance as directed by the QA Inspector Superintendent; supervising and coordinating tests. Inspection required by job orders and/or random surveillance inspections on naval vessels which are undergoing repair, alterations or conversion, as well as manufacturing work of the Al Jawf Class Minehunters in accordance with the RSNF Al Jawf Class maintenance management system.
2. Conducts assigned inspections and tests during sea trials.
3. Witness tests as specified in the work authorisations.
4. Conduct non-destructive tests (NDT).
5. Collects and evaluates results of inspections and test data.
6. Perform audits of SRF departments quality and process control practices to determine compliance with SRF and RSNF requirements, and recommends corrective action.
7. Executes follow-up to the quality audits to assure accomplishment of the corrective action.
8. Certify personnel for special processes.
9. Provides instruction to shop personnel in Quality Assurance Inspection and Test. The RSNF may designate this billet as a training billet. The incumbent will be required to impart knowledge of position-related skills, duties and responsibilities in such a manner as to permit assimilation on the part of the RSNF trainee. Maintenance of the Al Jawf Class Minehunters and associated support equipment in accordance with the RSNF Al Jawf Class Maintenance Management System. Perform other duties as assigned on Al Jawf Class Minehunters.
· Ordinary National Certificate or equivalent professional qualification, or a combination of training and experience (eg in the Navy), which provides an equivalent educational standard.
· Extensive experience in an engineering field, including in the field of QA.
· Hold a full driving licence recognised in the KSA.
· Satisfactory completion of a thorough physical and dental examination prior to taking up post.
· An Ex-Navy senior rate with substantial experience in this field of work would be desirable.