Performs imaging procedures utilizing computerized tomography scanners.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Reviews exam orders/requisitions, reviews corresponding protocol and, if needed, asks questions of superior(s) and prepares for exams.
2. Explains procedures to patients. Prepares equipment, supplies, contrast media and medications.
3. Positions patient and attaches or adjusts immobilizing and shielding devices to ensure precise patient position, patient comfort, and to minimize patient exposure to x-rays.
4. Adjusts and operates computerized tomographic imaging equipment to scan designated anatomical areas. Sets computer controls and laser camera to produce proper images.
5. Assists in injection of contrast media.
6. Monitors patient condition during and after scan to ensure patient safety and comfort. Retrieves information from computer and processes information in the proper format for interpretation by the Radiologist and/or archiving.
7. Evaluates completed tests for quality and completeness. Documents all studies performed.
8. Records all required information. Labels films in sequence. Notes all pertinent data required by Radiologists for medical diagnosis. Consults with Radiologist as needed.
9. Performs routine equipment maintenance. Informs supervisor of equipment malfunction or need for repair and documents same. Performs quality control studies on equipment.
10. Cleans equipment and room and restores all equipment and supplies for subsequent use.
11. Participates in staff meetings, in-services and/or continuing education.
12. Assists in training and supervision of students, interns and trainees.
13. Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
14. Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicbale.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in radiological Sciences/Technology required for Saudi Nationals or Graduate from an accredited Radiologic Technology program (minimum 2 years) for non-Saudi with eligibility for registration with the Saudi Council for Health Professionals required.
For Grade 8:
Two (2) years of hospital radiology experience in CT is required or successful completion of specialized training in KFSH for new graduates.
For Grade 9:
Four (4) years of experience as CT Technologist at KFSH with 50 CME and at least 4.3 average evaluation over the last 4 years.
Registration with Radiography with American Registry of Radiographic Technologists or the Canadian Associated of Medical Radiation Technologists or equivalent required for non-Saudis.