Section Head - Utilities
Our client is based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, they are currently building an integrated oil refining and petrochemical operation by way of upgrading their oil refinery and constructing a new petrochemical complex. This joint venture has been in place since August 2005 when the project was established. This is an opportunity to work for and with one of the worlds leading oil companies in one of their major downstream projects.
The company produces and markets refined hydrocarbon and petrochemicals. The company is a joint venture. The project produces around 18.4 million tons per annum (MTA) of petroleum-based products and 2.4 MTA of ethylene and propylene based derivatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
•Participate in the development of the strategic plan of the department in order to maximize production rate, minimize cost, optimize staffing, and prevent disruptions to plant operations
•Manage all manufacturing and maintenance-related activities in the section to ensure safe and stable operations and to meet production targets by liaising with Maintenance, Sales, Corporate Planning, Safety and Quality Departments as appropriate.
•Establish documentation systems and conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with quality standards
•Review and approve training needs assessed by Deputy Section Head , formulate and control shift personnel training in accordance to company's and section's training needs and requirements to enhance their operational skills and knowledge
•Implement cost saving activities as per Section's cost saving plan
•Review developed procedures and once approved, supervise the implementation of procedures within plant equipment operation limits to prevent miss-operations and human errors in daily plant operations
•Ensure the Section's operation tasks and operations meet corporate safety and environmental policy and standards
Must be able to:
• To lead a team of coordinators, engineers and shift supervisors in controlling daily operational and maintenance activities of a section to ensure product quality satisfy customer requirements through safe, stable and efficient operation
• Ability to plan and manage projects independently
• Have the ability to lead teams.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to handle process plants safety
• Strong IT skills.
• The Individual should be results orientated.
• Possess problem solving skills.
• Strong decision making skills.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• The candidate should hold a degree in engineering.
• Preferably 18 - 20 years in the refinery or petrochemical field in a progressively responsible management position
• Good understanding of company business workflow
• Project control experience in process plant design
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of unit operations and refinery or petrochemical plant layout.
• Good knowledge of process technology
• Good command of the English language.