• Direct and control the management of the inspection, maintenance and repair activity of all Rolling Stock.
• Through negotiation, management and control of contractors, contracts and internal suppliers, ensure that sufficient safe, reliable Rolling Stock is available.
• Ensure that engineering standards, company standards and legislation is understood and implemented.
• Implement financial controls over engineering expenditure.
• Lead the management of the maintenance and overhaul of rolling stock.
• Monitor the fleet performance and where adverse trends or technical issues are identified, or maintenance savings can be made without detriment to the safety, quality or reliability of the fleet.
• Responsible for ensuring company policy and standards are maintained.
• Take a leading role in the development and management of the budget for rolling stock.
• On-call responsibility for technical advice, Investigation & protection of Rolling stock interests at main line incidents.
• Engineering qualification, preferably chartered engineer in electrical or mechanical engineering.
• At least 5 years broadly based experience of Traction & Rolling Stock
• 5 At least 3 years experience in supervisory or management
• Contract management skills.