• The purpose of this position is to supervise and lead the On Board Teams on their train in order to provide a safe, reliable, world class, customer focused train service
• Lead the On Board Team on their train to provide a safe, efficient reliable, world class, customer focused train Metro service;
• Assist the On Board Supervisor by coaching, mentoring and inspecting the On Board Teams when necessary;
• Investigate and report incidents and service delays, providing appropriate reports and recommend corrective and preventive actions;
• Act as the key training resource and expertise for train operations courses;
• When dealing with customers, ensure that matters are handled tactfully and sensitively as appropriate and strictly follow the procedures and work instructions of the organization;
• Enforce necessary procedures to ensure the safety of members of the public and SAR employees;
• Perform duties as appropriate, operate passenger vehicles in all operating modes in the assigned area as required;
• Plan and coordinate with the SAR Control center for deployment of On Board Teams to provide effective response to train failures, recovery and rescue support for emergency situations;
• Ensure that the On Board teams are trained, regularly assessed and certified to perform safety critical activities based on the Competency Management System;
• Perform regular safety reviews and inspection of On Board Teams job performance;
• Perform operational and emergency duties when required.
• Perform and carry out other duties as instructed / directed by the On Board Supervisor.
• Perform duties in shift and to be “on call” and ready for emergency duties when required
• Decisions made in accordance with established guidelines, and may impact the team's deliverables.
• Supervision of small teams on short term assignments predominantly under set guidelines and standards
• Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization.
• A minimum of 3 years front line experience in a service industry and preferably a rail environment
• Experience of leading high quality world class passenger services staff in a customer oriented and customer focused environment.
• Holder of a valid driving license with good driving skills and experience;
• A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
• Good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.