Health Underwriting Assistant Manager #Riyadh
The primary role of this position will be:
1. To review and underwrite risk in accordance with the Underwriting Guidelines and Authority
2. Help Sales team to close cases by Providing Competitive terms while remain within the UW & Pricing Guidelines.
3. Develop & Maintain good relationship with Sales team
4. Maintain TAT
5. Prepare Analytical Reports
6. Constant review and improvement of processes
7. Achieve Key Performance Indicators
• Key Activities and Responsibilities of the Role:
1. Evaluating and approving proposal requests for New Business and Renewal cases - as per Authority matrix and UW & Pricing guidelines.
2. Review and quality assure all services delivered by the team is in accordance with established Underwriting common policies and procedures.
3. Devise and improve operational procedures and policies in line with corporate and strategic guidance.
4. Review regular performance reports prepared by direct reports and identify issues for resolution or escalation.
5. Ensure the performance of duties and conduct of staff are in accordance with the departmental business processes and operating procedures.
6. Optimize the use of available resources across the unit in carrying out assigned duties, to ensure work meets agreed standards for timeliness and quality.
7. Implement proper Health underwriting strategy as per the market standards and according to the underwriting manual and approved rating tables of the organization.
8. Monitor underwriters' adherence to established rate tables of their respective LOB, and identify any required changes or amendments to approved tables.
9. To gather market intelligence regarding competition activity and new trends.
10. Identify requirements for system improvement, in collaboration with the UW team, Sales and other departments.
11. Coordinate with Policy Services for smooth installation of Policy in the system
12. Follow up with Sales on Proposals issued.
13. Prospect visits with Sales to enhance the chances of Closing.
14. Maintain log for proposal issued.
15. Prepare departmental reports
• Excellent Analytical skills
• Good knowledge on Underwriting
• Good knowledge of Regulatory Framework
• Excellent Time Management skills
• Business Acumen (Detailed knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company provide, and of the competitors)
• Customer Centricity
• Teamwork & Team building
• Accountability and ownership
• Execution & Result Orientation
• Self-motivation and commitment to Quality
• Negotiation and Problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Agile and flexible