BAE Systems is the UK Gove
ment’s nominated Prime Contractor (PC) under the Gove
ment arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons. For such maintenance training, this role is responsible for controlling and supervising personnel and resources pertinent to Armament Intermediate Maintenance Workshop activities in support of the RSAF Typhoon maintenance policy ensuring that all Continuing Airworthiness and Maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with BAE Systems Saudi Arabia SALAM Maintenance Organisation Exposition and associated Quality Management System.
- Control and Supervision of all engineering and maintenance activities within the scope of the Armament Intermediate Maintenance Work Shop.
- Ensure all assigned personnel are authorised and competent to work on Armament Intermediate Maintenance repair taskings.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are undertaken in accordance with company/RSAF procedures and processes.
- Ensure all electronic data systems are utilised correctly.
- Ensure that all personnel engaged in activities in areas under your control follow the correct engineering practices, observe safety precautions and that as far as is reasonably practicable ensure that no one is exposed to any unnecessary or uncontrolled risk.
- Ensure that all equipment operated within the shop is kept in good working condition and any necessary calibration activities are scheduled and conducted to ensure maintenance tasks can be achieved when required.
- The embodiment of all Technical Instructions and Modifications of all components maintained within the shop, including those not fitted to aircraft.
- The maintenance of Health and Safety including, the assessment, implementation and maintenance of COSSH and Risk assessments and the displaying of appropriate safety precautions and wa
ing posters relating to the maintenance activities and handling within the shop area of operation.
- Ensuring the integrity of the shop infrastructure through the timely submission of work service applications
- Provide the Depth management team with regular updates on manpower and work tasking, highlighting any situations affecting the operational capability of the shop
- In conjunction with the TSC ensure the control and compilation of ERCs and the maintenance of ESS records for all bay maintained components where appropriate are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that maintenance activities are carried out efficiently to the appropriate standards within directed timescales and ensuring that management are advised in an appropriate manner when quality, cost or time requirements cannot be met.
- Ensuring all components within the Shop are correctly stored and packaged and that all shop maintained items that are to leave the shop or move location are correctly prepared and packaged for transit
- Ensuring that all tool kits are maintained in accordance with the regulatory framework and ensuring that test equipment is maintained and calibrated within specified limits.
- Ensure good husbandry practices are implemented
- Ensure FOD control measures are implemented.
- Coaching, training, mentoring and knowledge transfer to BAES and RSAF personnel under your direction and control.
- Undertaking the responsibilities of the Armament Senior Supervisor in their absence.
- Completing any other reasonable duties or requests that are made by your line management.
- Must be educated to ONC level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training.
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification in military aircraft weapons engineering and/or repair.
- Must have completed Aircraft Type Specific training on Third or Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft and experience of conducting armament maintenance and repair activities.
- Extensive post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, at a certifying position within an operational military flying environment.
- Extensive experience as an Armament technician Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft (may be concurrent with the above).
- Broad aerospace and defence company/industry knowledge.
- An understanding of RAF and /or RSAF engineering operating procedures.
The post holder will have the following background:
- Ex-military with experience serving on an operational military flying unit.
- Must have attained Supervisor/JNCO level working in a military aircraft maintenance environment.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Role equipment and weapons activities associated with a Fourth Generation military fast jet aircraft.
- Experience of general Role equipment repairs.
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred.
- The ability to consistently act effectively upon their own initiative within the scope of the role.
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail is also required.
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.