- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provision of Respiratory care needs for each patient under his/her care
- Discuss the protocol of Respiratory care with Chief Respiratory Therapist and the attending physician.
- Attend the following respiratory modalities:
5.3.1. Aerosol Therapy
5.3.2. Incentive Spirometry
5.3.3. Chest physiotherapy
5.3.4. Tracheal aspiration and sputum collection.
5.3.5. Pulmonary function tests.
5.3.6. Extract arterial blood gas sample.
- Attend patients in emergency calls.
- Operates mechanical ventilators and conducts regular ventilator checkup.
- Coordinates and participates in special procedures and transportation of ventilated patients.
- Maintains respiratory equipment, respiratory supplies as per policy.
- Develops and participates in routine education programs for Quality
Management Methods and techniques to facilitate patient care and
- Coordinates in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists in departmental administrative meetings and attends other meetings as required.
- Assists and participates in staff development programs and in orientation of new hires.
- Participates in the Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm
of the employee’s knowledge, skill and abilities research projects.
- PERSONAL QUALITIES/SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Essential: Fluent English language (speaking and writing).